How to properly curl your eye lashes has plagued me for years. I tried it once before, when how-to’s weren’t readily available, failed miserably, and never tried again. Well, I’m back and this time spreading how to do it right. If you want longer, fuller looking eye lashes this an easy way to accomplish that without enhancements or drug therapy.
The first thing you need to get started is an eye lash curler. There are many of them out there on the market so you will want to pick one that works without crimping the eyelashes or pulling too much. One of the top recommended curlers by professionals is one by Shu Uemura ($20), but other, less expensive options such as Revlon work just as well.
Here are simple step-by-step instructions:
- Make sure your lashes are clean and mascara free. Using a curler after mascara can cause it to crumble and the lashes to stick together.
- Start at the base of your lashes, as close to the roots as possible while making sure not to get any skin. Hold for 5-10 seconds until you have the desired look.
- Curl your lashes in 3 segments: the base, middle and the tip to get the natural curl you are looking for.
- Never pull on the curler, it will pull your lashes out.
- To separate the lashes use your favorite mascara or the spoolie end of a brush. It looks like the end of a mascara wand but it’s just a brush.
There are many professionals who recommend using a blow dryer to warm up the eyelash curler or heated curlers. With heated curlers you run the risk of possibly burning your eye and it can cause more damage to the lashes themselves by creating breakage. Think of your lashes as you would your hair. If you over curl or add too much heat you run the risk of damaging them. It can create a more dramatic curl, but if you invest in a good curler you can get great lashes without the risks.
There you have it. A simple and easy trick to getting fuller, longer looking lashes without too much hassle whether you wear makeup or not. Click here for a great video tutorial. If you found this helpful please share or leave a comment if you have suggestions or questions.